According to the World Health Organisation the most common type of headache originates from tension, muscle stiffness or joint strain in the neck & upper thoracic region. Osteopaths can help to release the pain & advise you on how to avoid the headache in the future.
Osteopaths achieve this by:
• Improving your general mobility – by assessing the mobility of the problem area in order to make a diagnosis & to work out the best treatment plan for each patient.
• Improving the mobility of your ribs & thoracic & cervical spine – as primary health care practitioners Osteopaths are trained to differentiate between headaches with common causes & those due to serious pathology.
• Reducing muscle tension, nerve compression & inflammation – Osteopaths focus on how the skeleton, joints, muscles, nerves, connective tissues & organs function as a holistic unit.
• Advising on posture, exercise & stretching to help prevent a recurrence of symptoms – poor posture can result in a wide range of issues including back pain, spinal problems, poor circulation, &even joint degeneration.
• Offering guidance & advise on diet & the prevention of dehydration – various foods can impact people’s physical & emotional states & the physical affect this has on the inflammatory response.
• Advising on improving the ergonomics of both the home & the workplace – including advise on mattress choice, desk set-up, & general workplace postural tips.